Friday 26 July 2013

La Tempête

Overnight, a storm of exciting proportions rolled in, shaking the house and rattling the shutters. It's leading edge and trailing foot were not nearly as passionnant as the centre de la tempête, which brought multiple flashes of des éclairs, at such frequency it was like strobe lighting, accompanied by a whole orchestral grand tonnerre concert. All very exciting. The day soon shook off any suggestion of temperate climate and swiftly headed North of the 30 degree mark. We took Phillipa for a pleasant lunch at La Boule d'Or at Barbezieux and then stocked up on wine for our last few days. On the way back, Claire remarked on the beautiful fields of rolled hay so later I went for a promenade photographique to capture these in pixels.
Mission accomplished, I then had to explain to a kindly French gentleman who stopped his car, why I was rooting around in a ditch. "J'ai perdu mes lunettes de soleil" I said, which seemed to satisfy him. Needless to say, I found my lost sunglasses elsewhere in the field 20 minutes later, nowhere near the ditch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment